1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shock and awe?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cos, Mar 28, 2003.

1. cos

cos Junior Member

I was doing a leaf job with a friend at his customer's property. The customer, being friendly and talkative, told us a story of her plowing service person. She said that "the plow guy" had stopped by during the first snow storm (the biggest of the year) and had plowed the driveway and not done the sidewalk. When he had left, he left for good. She had to flag someone down to finish the drive well after the storm had stopped. When she just felt that the dude had dropped of the face of the earth, he sent her a bill, which she said was fine, but he billed her in full for the whole storm, sidewalks and all. He had only showed up once and someone had to finish what he started. When the lady confronted the plow guy about the bill, he said "I will be honest with you, I tried to cheat you cause my truck broke down and I needed the money to pay for it." :eek:

Talk about a dumb crook!!! Just had to share this story. :)
  2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

What's the world coming to?

You can't even trust the crooks to remain dishonest anymore!!

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks for the laugh, cos. Jeez, "I won't lie to you, I tried to cheat you"???

That's as good as the one where the guy says "Everything I say to you is a lie". (It is impossible for him to say anything, truth or lie, because that statement has to be a lie)