1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shock absorber on fisher trip edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Born2Plow, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Born2Plow

Born2Plow Junior Member

Has anybody tried mounting some sort of damper, say between the two trip edge springs on either side of the plow to try and minimize the violence of the spring recoil on their plow? I am new to the x-blade and only complaint is this. I used to have a western and found the full blade trip with shock absorber to be equally functional and much less (seemingly) destructive.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i bet that would be nice. but fisher has never run one i have seen. and no bad efects i have seen before also.

fist time i plowed with a fisher trip edge and hit somthing i stoped and got out and checked my stuff. figured i broke somthing. it sure is diffrent.

would be nice thow to slow it down just a bit like the westerns do tho.

3. Born2Plow

Born2Plow Junior Member

Yeah it's not the end of the world i'm just picky and am considering spending the time and money to fab. something.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if you do let us know. i bet if good lots of us would do it.