1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shock absorber for fisher trip edge???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sparksrides, Dec 21, 2008.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i have heard this question ask before and i came up with an idea. i have a lot of shocks off of atv,s laying around my shop and these shocks are coil overs basically a shock and a spring together. i know i can fab up a mount and maybe put one on each end on the out side of my 4 springs. any one see any problems that this might cause or if it is even worth it? i have pic's but can't figure out how to attach
  2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

what would be the point of all that work does the trip edge not work properly from the factory i have a x blade with no problems
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

i think hes trying to make it so when it trips it doesnt snap back so hard & fast.
  4. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

yah, i was talking about was how hard and fast it snaps back, maybe its not worth it i just thought I'd through the idea out there
  5. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just trun 3 spings or copy the Boss or the Diamond edge. They have a shock absorber
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

7. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

It would be hard to make it so that it makes a difference there is so little movement in a trip edge. The boss plows have full trip. Also the shock would hinder how fast it folds over, which would not be good. Sorry, but I think you would be wasting your time.
  8. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Does it really matter if the edge snaps back? It's not hurting anything.