1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sho-me strobes - OK am I gonna get in @#@$

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DP Property, Sep 4, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Thanks to Fireboy and a few others here for helping me with the install of my sho-me 4 way strobe kit. I have the front headlights done and I installed a duel switch so I can change the pattern from the cab with a flick of a secondary toggle switch. Question guys the clear bulb is so bright it blinds..I was wondering should I change to an amber strobe bulb? I mean it is fricken bright man. However with that being said I have Tim Hortons coffee shops where the drivers are crazy so I guess bright is good. I was wondering if you guys are running clear bulbs or amber. Here is some video of my fronts on are they too bright ? I am just afraid I will blind everyone or is that the point?

DP Property Maintenance
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I don't see the videos but honestly i would say to stay with the clears IMO
  3. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Ok videos are up am I doing ok so far?
  4. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

well you put the strobes on for safety and to get noticed right???? i say the brighter the better!
  5. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

I guess you are not worried about flashback when the snow is falling?
  6. TurfKing360

TurfKing360 Member

they are no brighter than what we have so i'd say their fine. but don't forget you will have your plow lights on too so they won't seem as bright. I'd rather blind them that way their is no way they or the cops could say you couldn't be seen if they hit you. We had a truck totaled and they claim they couldn't see use and the cops believed them until we turn the lights on and blinded the cops. So the brighter the better
  7. GSShelper

GSShelper Member

well as u can see in my profile pic i only have 2 amber strobes on top of my truck and for some reason no one sees them! people seem to still drive behind or in front of you so i say brighter or better! but its your truck and i like the brightness and good luck hope y`all make tons of money this winter!

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with everyone else, I love putting lights on my truck, so I agree on the brighter the better statement. But in the end the reason I get them is for safety, not too many guys around here use ambers, only flashers. But in my opinion you need to be seen if your out in the middle of the night on a snowy parking lot or road moving snow.
  9. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Brighter is better but there does come a point when to bright is blinding and cause's accidents.It kinda depends on each persons accounts and traffic patterns. In years past traveling in Ohio the state patrol cars running blue lightbars and at night those are so so bright that they had many accidents and near hits and I can atest to one accident I witnessed that a Lady ran into the rear of a Partol car at night and was found that the Brightness of the lights caused the accident
    So dont overkill or underkill your Lights use alot of common sense
  10. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

LOOKS great, now if you get the whelen pack you'll have more flash patterns, lol but it looks great
  11. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Looks good to me. They are no brighter than mine. If you are that worried about get a Whelen pack and like fireboy6413 said you will have more flash patterns and at least on mine you have a option for two different options for "day" and "night", where it is brighter for day use and a little dimmer for night use.
  12. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

what watt 4 way kit did you get? im looking at getting a 4 way kit and was just wondering Thanks
  13. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

mine is a 90 watt 6 way
  14. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

well then maybe I will try the 60watt dont want to blind myself lol
  15. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Does the power supply have a low power switch?