1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sho-Me Strobe / Switch Wiring Help Needed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by SnowGuy, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I am trying to control a Sho-Me Model # 21.8480 strobe power supply with a Switch-Rota 4(21.7003) rotary switch. I am not sure what control wires to hook to what switch wires. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Please call my cell @ 419-674-1717. THANKS :redbounce

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

did you try the sho me web site i cant find what your talking about do you have a pic that i could go buy

3. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

E-mail me your phone number and I will call you if that is OK. I can better describe the wiring info I need over the phone.

4. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

5. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  6. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

DodgeGuy

I have both of the instruction sheets that you sent me the links to. The question that I have is the plug that comes off of the Rota 4 switch that has the red, green and brown wires,,,which of these wires do you connect to which of the six wires on the power supply wiring harness ( the harness has yellow, orange, blue, green, white and brown wires coming out of a plastic plug that plugs into the power supply ) ???

THANKS for all the help.

If you like, please e-mail me your phone number and I will call you. jerryt@kenton.com or my home phone is 419-674-1717.

Thanks, again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinkup:

7. DodgeGuy

DodgeGuy Member

Violet on power supply to center pin on low power switch(top pin to ground, bottom to +12v tied to power on for strobe pack)

Blue and Green(Or one or the other, depends on the config you want, heads activated) on power supply to center pin on on/off switch(Top pin to ground, bottom pin to +12v)

Yellow and Orange(or one or the other, depends on how random you want it) on power supply to a +12v

White on power supply to +12v if you want the system to random change heads that flash together

Brown on power supply to +12v switch to turn on or off Chaos mode(changes head pairings after every firing)

The Rotary switch is completely useless for this power supply since you can't change patterns. So there for any of the wires coming out of it are not used.

Make sense?

8. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

DodgeGuy

Spoke to Able 2 Products yesterday and they told me how to wire the Rota 4 switch so that is does work. Only took about 5-10 minutes. Everything is now working GREAT. THANKS for all the help !!! :bluebounc