1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sho-me mini light bar questions

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lunarlandscape, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

I have a sho me mini led light bar (Mag mount), and would like to know if I can cut the cig. plug off and wire to an exsisting two wire plug currently on the truck? Is it possible? Also what flash pattern would work with a two wire system? Currently the cig lighter has a power on/off and a switch next to the power to change patterns. Thanks in advance.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Not having seen or dealt with these lights but I would like to suggest opening up the light and see how the Cig-plug wire is attached. I've had a couple lights that I was just able to cut out the butt end connectors that attached the cig-plug wire to the light. These lights normally had a mag mount or perment, so it was the same light different wire ends. But inside the light, the wire for a cig-plug was just wired to same ends as a perma-mount.

If you are able to remove the wire, then just make up your own cable, instead of cutting off the cig end.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

There's 3 wires inside the cable, +12v on, +12v pattern, and ground, I dont recall the wire colors, it's been over a year, but a test light should tell you. I set the pattern on mine via the cig plug, then cut the plug off and wired it to the 2 pin coming out of the 3rd brakelight, and just left the pattern wire unhooked. Works great, just cant change the pattern, not that you need to once you find one you like. BTW, love the sho-me luminator, best mini lightbar I've owned yet.

PS, the sho-me minibars are sealed tight, I'd suggest not opening it.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Didn't know there were sealed tight, I perfer something I can open up but thats just me maybe.

5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah i second that SHO ME are not to be opened up they have a clear sealant gasket ... that cant be replaced unless factory does it .... go with whelen you can open the dome cover

6. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

Got it installed today. Thanks for the info guys. LL