1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sho-Me LED flasher

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by brwn234, Dec 5, 2010.

1. brwn234

brwn234 Junior Member
    from VA

Awhile back I installed white LED bulbs in my back up lights. They're very bright and I'm pleased with them. I've decided I am going to hook up a Sho-Me 11.1005SF Able-2 LED flasher to them. I plan on splicing into the factory wires for the back up lights just behind the tail lamp housing. I know I need a diode on each side installed inline with the back up lights to keep current from running into the truck from the flasher. But do I also need a diode on each side to protect the flasher when the back up lights come on?

Also, I want to hook up the both front and rear turn signals with LED bulbs as well. How many bulbs or amps is this unit rated for? I cant find that rating anywhere.

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

The unit is rated at 3a output.

I have the same unit and just spliced into my backup lights under the dash. I dint use any diodes at all but I dont know what year your truck is. Mine is an 1985 so.... I. If you plan on using flasher for signals you have to get LEDs in ALL circuits you connect it too including the plow lights. Aftermarket LEDs are HORRIBLE. You have to make your own to get em to look right and bright. There is no comparison in Lumens from MOST aftermarket bulbs and halogens. Just a reference a standard 1157 halogen is 403 lumens. Find an LED to match that for a decent price.

3. 06dmax

06dmax Member

are you going with amber diodes or going with clear ones? I know clear flashers are not legal in some states.