1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sho me able light bar helpppp #2

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Plow man Foster, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys i knoww someone else has a thread on this same lightbar but i have a different problem and didnt want to hijack his thread. Ok so yesterday we got all the guys in the truck turned the lightbar on....It worked... then the guy in the back seat started moving and it went off. Right where he was sitting was a cheap wiring job (my guys did after they got the cord stuck in the door.) So i think both wires touched each other.....

SO we stopped wired it up the right way with more than a c*** hair of electrical tape like it was before! All the wires are correctly wired now and hit the switch and it still doesnt work.. Anyone know whats up?? All wires are plugged into the light correctly.

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

What lightbar is this? I need a little more info to help

3. Plow man Foster

4. Plow man Foster

got it blew a fuse when both of the wires touched. Simple fix THANKK GOD!

5. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

cool glad it was simple

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Might aswell fix it right now before it snows.

7. Plow man Foster

Yeah well when the wires split the first time, we fixed it on the spot and wrapped the tiniest piece of duck tape on it....But now its good as new taped both wires separately then together. With electrical tape. Thankfully it was only a quick repair. I would wire it into the truck but we get rid of our trucks before they get out of warranty so there really isnt a point of wiring it in.

Actually we use this lightbar in the winter and summer. thats how we came about this problem. We were using it while parked on the side of a busy road...