1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shirts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Mar 23, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Just wondering where everyone gets their shirts made? Local stores? Mail-order? Silk-screened? Emroidered? I just ordered 3 shirts from Gemplers. Two tee shirts and one sweatshirt. They had better prices than a local store, and had already made images they could screen on, I got a snowplow and a lawnmower. Anyone else use gemplers?<p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I have never heard or used that company. I will tell you this much, if you start buying a lot of work stuff, there is only one brand to buy Carhartt. Also i go with a local place, that will letter anything ya buy there.<p>Geoff

3. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

BTW: Embroidered (Front Only) It's classier and lasts longer.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We used a local company. Glad I did,I made about 10 changes to the order and if I went mail order It would have been a nightmare.<br>We had the company name screen printed on the front and a large logo(of a oshkosh with wing and throw plow coming over a hill) printed on the back with company name and list of services.<br>We bought about 35 garments in all, with most places once you get above 25 garments the price is real reasonable.<br>We bought reg work tees, long sleeve work tees(you wont believe how much warmer they keep you)<br>8oz sweats and heavy sweats pull overs with hoods.(also keep you very warm)<br>I agree with Geoff about the Carharts, only that you can buy the same coat through Weargaurd for about 30$ less.I have 3 of them and they are great. Duck twill insulated chore coat 3/4 length. I use that with a pair of matching bib overalls. I like the versatility of that combo over the coverall type, but both will keep you warm.<br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

5. steveair

steveair Senior Member

We order nothing but wearguard where I work also. I have a few carharts, but I just am too rough on my cloths. The Wearguard is great, and a lot cheaper than carhart. For me, I figure that I'm gonna either spill oil, rub against some grease, or get a rip somehow every other week, so it doesn't matter how good the cloths are because they won't come clean and won't hold up no matter how strong they are. I've always said that you can't work hard if you are sitting there worried about ruining your expensive clothes all the time.<p>For good, warm, and economical cloths, you can't beat Wearguard.

6. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Lazer: I got my shirts with only embriodery in the front.<br>Dino: please email me, I'd like to buy one of your shirts. They sound like they look very nice. <br>steveair,etc; Carharts are the way to go. Everyone wears them around my area and I know that if i need a durable producuct, that they're the way to go. But, I only needed t-shirts.<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com