1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shipping to Canada - Strobes n More

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by responder, Feb 22, 2011.

1. responder

responder Junior Member

Does anyone have any recent experience with Strobes n More shipping to Canada? I tried a search and came up with some posts dating back to 2007.

I want to purchase some equipment from them as their pricing seems fairly decent but am a bit unsure of shipping costs and brokerage fees for products coming to Canada. As well, does anyone know if the "free shipping" applies to shipments here?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'm sure they'll answer you on here... Enter the Promo Code "plowsite" and I'm sure it maybe discounted. You can also give them a call and ask them!

3. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

If they ship UPS, expect a rather nasty surprise either at time of delivery or about 2 weeks later. Get them to ship USPS at all costs. UPS minimum brokerage fee is $50.00.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I learned that over the years also. USPS is the best way to ship into Canada.:drinkup:

5. responder

responder Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping. I will contact them and place the order.

Cheers!

6. Mr Bigblock

Mr Bigblock Senior Member

Well i guess im Lucky being close to the USA boarder i have a US mailbox in Buffalo coz of the ripoff brokerage fees. I have ordered alot from STS Lights and had no probs at all over the years

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: I'm going to toss me 2 cents worth in.. 1.35 canadian... Just reading what's posted on here... The shipping problem to Canada isn't the problem of Strobes n More but the shipping companies in general. USPS probably won't insure a light bar of that cost. UPS is the cheapest of the freight for lightbars to NS... I checked earlier tonight.. Fed Ex -Ground... about $40 more than UPS. Less insurance to and no exact delivery date.

Ok...These companies charge out rediculous freight charges due to crossing the border...Why? Because they can! They have to protect themselves due to things getting damaged and people coming back on them.

When it comes to the Blame Game... SNM/Louis didn't start it. You ask and you ordered. I'm sure that you could have found a place up there that might sell you something you can use.

If you go to EBAY Canada I'm sure you can find some Chinese Junk that will be shipped USPS and I'm sure it may get there in a couple pieces but you get what you pay for.

Please lets not down the man for trying to get you the bar that you wanted for a decent price. I think you may have wanted the "Free Shipping" Well your north of the border and I'm sure that's not what they had in mind.

Now please lets get on with our normal business...

Sorry for the rant. :yow!: