1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shipping a skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by chtucker, Oct 15, 2002.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Anyone every done this? Can you recommend a nationwide company?

I am trying to sell my skid steer on EBAY and have buyer interested in California (not the place I want to go)

1030 miles, I figured on 1$ mile to do it myself.

Thanks!

Howard

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Call The Car Carrier Company @ 800-800-1001. Shouldn't be any more than $800 or so.

- John

3. RYAN SMITH

RYAN SMITH Junior Member
    from PA

You can try HORSELESS CARRIAGE i just shipped a CLK430 BENZ to LAGUNA BEACH ,CA from PITTSBURGH PA at a cost of around 900.00 dollars.Now i am not sure if they will haul a skidsteer but they do haul hi-line cars around the country.Call them to see if they can help you out or point you in the right direction.
    RYAN

4. wall's

wall's Junior Member

how much are you looking to get for the skid steer and some info on it would be great. I'm looking to buy one soon but nothing fancy.

5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Check with Brickman, he hauls cars for a living and can probably give you some ideas.

6. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Heck yeah, shoot me an email.

See what I can do.

7. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

A scrub might haul for that. For a single unit that is not nearly enough. If you had a full load then that would be about right. Actually a full load would make the single units less than that.