1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shiny New Plow Cylinders

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by weekendwrench, Feb 24, 2011.

1. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

You Boss and Myers guys ever wonder where your plow cylinders come from? Good ol Western New York just outside Buffalo. The company I am working for this winter has the contract and been making them for years. I haven’t seen any Myers stuff come through since the fall, but Boss has been going pretty strong for a while now. These Boss cylinders are fresh out of paint ready for stickers and packaging. Don’t too excited all you “Made In USA” guys because most of the raw materials comes from overseas and South America. I learned that when I became machinist just I because I make it here doesn’t mean it’s from here.

2. lvfd50

lvfd50 Junior Member
    from WNY

I am from the buffalo area. What company makes these cylinders and where are they located? I am always interested in who is making items in buffalo.
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

does the sticker read

made in the usa

assembled in the use.

there is rules for each sticker to be on specific products.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

never knew either they were assembled here.
  5. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member