1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shim Spacer - Cable Pump (B&B....)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by linckeil, Feb 1, 2009.

1. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i need a shim spacer (see part # 63 - page 2 - of the attached exploded view). it lists 2 different thicknesses (.0005" and .00035") how do i know which one i need? the one on my pump now is shot and its the thinner one, but how can i determine which one is correct?

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/13356_120503.pdf

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wild Bill's got it. If it has the clear one (as 99% of them did) use it...but it actually doesn't matter if you use the silver (thicker) one...you just can't go vise versa.

4. linckeil

from CT

thanks guys.... i need to buy one today as we have a storm coming tommorow.... hopefully i can find just the shim spacer locally - but i have a feeling they may make me buy a complete gasket set....

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i have a stack of them. let me know if you cant find one.

6. linckeil

from CT

thanks no lead...
    i picked up 2 of each locally for the whopping cost of $6.50...
    i ended up using one thick one, and one thin one - this enabled me to torque it to spec and not bind the lever. plow angles faster now and no more drip drip onto my bumper...