1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shifter Linkage needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by zieg72, Sep 14, 2003.

1. zieg72

zieg72 Junior Member

I am searching for linkage for the 4 speed overdrive transmission from an '82 Chev. 1/2 ton. I know it is a New Process A-833 MYO6 . I have pictures and Hurst was the shifter used. Hurst site does not list this and the dealers don't have any parts and have been discontinued for over 10 years. I have searched high and low for the propper shifter and linkage for this trans and came up short. Anyone out there have one or can tell me where to look. This is one of the last missing link for my project. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just found this forum and joined a few minutes ago so please forgive me if this has been covered already.:)

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm pretty sure you can still get the shifter aftermarket.The linkage may require searching around in some wrecking yards,or have GM take a look for any old stock kicking around on a dealers shelf somehwhere.

BTW - Welcome to Plowsite :waving: