1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shift linkage between the steering column and transmission

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GrissOm Bro's, May 29, 2003.

1. GrissOm Bro's

GrissOm Bro's Junior Member

im goin to get my brothers 77 chevy and the linkage between the steering column and the transmission slid over cause now the park doesant work if any advise at all it will be greatly appreciated

(The transmission is a 400 turbomatic)

Thanks
    Jake

2. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Check the linkage underneath the cab. There is an adjuster that takes a 1/2 in i think you should be able to readjust it there

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

snowjoker is correct on the adjusment.It's right where the shift rod connect to the trans lever.

Also double check for any play or slop in the shift linkages or bushings,as this will cause the problem.If they are OK,then you may have body mount\cab problems,which causes the cab to sink lower,and throws off the adjustment

4. GrissOm Bro's

GrissOm Bro's Junior Member

thanks

there is some body problem on the bed there is a crossmember broken and on the front underneath the grill the body is rusted and startin to sink over my 3" body lift so the cab mount problem is most certainly not out rulled i will make a throughout the tranny and the cab mounts

thanks for all the advise

jake