1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sherman

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sherman, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sherman

sherman Junior Member

got the chance to bid on a 2 wall mart parking lots snow removal salting, sweeping and landscaping how do I go about biding it for the year in north central Pennsylvania they want to have a month price for all services

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck!!! Landscaping and sweeping shouldn't be hard but the snow??? Guess you could play the averages but if they want out before the averages average you could be in trouble. I'd cap the snow portion somehow(either inches or services) and make anything additional per inch brackets and per app od salt. This way on an average month they have their fixed cost but you're covered if it's a whacky winter.

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Did Walmart send you the specifications on the contract. Anything Ive ever seen from them never had a cap on the snowfall.???????????????????

4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

put together a bid proposal and send it in...how are we supposed to know the specs?

they probably already have there own.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you have no idea on how to bid it, then you probabily shouldn't be doing it anyway.
    OH....try the bidding forum.

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Sounds like you got their standard one size fits all contracts. You dont have to put in a flat monthly fee for plowing. Bid it per push if you want. The landscape contracts are weird too. Calls for fixing all broken sprinklers, replacing plants, etc.and hand watering when many times none of it applies to every store.

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you can't do that or you'll never get the contract. i bid on wal-marts regularly but they want exact budget numbers on most of them, so if they requested seasonal rates, i doubt there is going to be any flexible room.

8. digit

digit Member

sesonal contracts for plowing are pretty easy now if you have to include salt it gets a little tricky. For snowplowing figure out what you have need for one plowing times it by whatever your average plowings are for the year times it by that.Some years you make out real well and the next ones not so good.

9. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You want weird, Meijers has a reverse on-line auction. Instead of going up with the bid, it starts high and goes down. When it gets so low that no one else wants to bid, the low bidder gets it. It is fun to watch, but I'll never win.