1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sheffield Finacial

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by teamgreendude, Nov 10, 2015.

1. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever used them to finance a blade or piece of snow equipment (pusher, another plow, sidewalk tractor) there running a rate of no payments for the first six months. I know that in six months after the snows gone then we will be in lawn and landscape season and i can pay that off in no time at all and build up my credit score to be able to buy bigger trucks and equipment in the future. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Also it's almost snow season here in the midwest!!!!!!!!!! payuppayuppayuppayuppayuppayup

TLSIMMONS Member

Yes I have used them in the past,never had any problems long as you pay your bill on time or in my case in I paid it off in 6 months.
  3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

we have used them a few times. No complaints here! We actually may be doing that 6 month too if we end up with one more contract we're waiting on if we have to buy another truck.
  4. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I would think winter would be the time to pay it off, not summer. No experience personally with Sheffield.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I've used them for non-snow related financing. Always paid it off at 6 months.
  6. teamgreendude

Awesome! I've planned out all possible winters here in the midwest, if its an average winter i'd break even and then pay it off right away in 6 months, hopefully i'll have a new boss blade on the front of my truck in December!
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

We all have dreams.
  8. JimMarshall

from NW PA

What do you mean you would break even then pay it off on 6 months? What's the interest rate
  9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

If I was you I'd have it on before December.
  10. spencers

spencers Member
    from Utah

I've used the for a motorcycle, and last year I financed them on my BOSS VBX in bed. I actually love sheiffield. I can't remember the interest rate but I know for a fact it's probably higher than a bank or credit union but way lower than a credit card. They put my plow on a 3 year loan which I love that and I'm fine making the payment. My salter will be paid off though any ways this year so I don't really care about the interest rate. If your going to pay it off in the 6 months who cares about the interest rate.
  11. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I have used Sheffield for the purchase of 6 Walker mowers over the last 10 yrs. They are a great finance company
  12. JimMarshall

from NW PA

anyone should if its 20%!
  13. teamgreendude

interest rate i 9.99%, i'd break even if i wasn't doing commercial, just actually got a notice that were going to be plowing a church this winter:yow!::yow!:
  14. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Do you have much of a credit score? Do you own your truck? I would think that you could do better than that locally.
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So your looking at a Boss plow. Just got the email from Boss 0 down,0 payments for 6 months.if you go with payments it should be around 250 a month for 5k 3yrs.
  16. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow that's awful, I'll bet your local credit union or bank could give you a better interest rate than that.
    Sheffield has some nice options with their financing (at least for mowers)
    They offer an option to only pay off equipment during the mowing season which is pretty cool.
    Other than that, I have had no problems with that.
    I have called customer service with a question and they were very friendly to deal with.
    A tip, if you don't have any credit due to age or some other factor, if you can, have a family member (parent or other relative that you have a mutual trust with) cosign.
    Good Luck.:waving:
  17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes the newbie needs to pay the piper. If you can get the first loan in your name only, all the other ones come a little easier.
  18. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

You'll BREAK EVEN with an average winter? Man, you should know that our winters aren't something to count on. Shouldn't you want to profit with average winter? Your posts all confuse me.
  19. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

Teamgreen, Mainstreet Credit Union usually runs pretty good interest rates for other things, never looked into them for equipment though. 10% seems high to me, but I don't know your credit score.
  20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A plow payment? That would be an enjoyable check to write in July.