1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sheared fitting on angle ram

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mmwb, Mar 6, 2005.

1. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Finally, after some fabricating on the mount, got my Western 7.5 pro conventional mounted. Everything works great, but yesterday when I was moving some heavy stuff with it angled, I lost my hydraulics. Turns out that the fitting on the right ram was sheared off by the A frame. Apparently the fitting was on top of the ram and was hit by the frame before the stop was met. The other ram has the fitting on the side to prevent this problem. Was that normal to have the fitting on the top of the ram, or did someone put an aftermarket ram on the unit? I can use a punch to work the sheared unit out and replace it, but unless I put another stop on the A frame, expect it would eventually happen again. At this point, it seems like maybe I should just pick up a new ram with the fitting on the side. Opinions, ideas?