1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sheared bolt on Sport Duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fortywinks, Mar 10, 2011.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

I have a sheared self tapping screw, the one holding up the blade guide. It's sheared right at the plow frame so I have nothing to grab onto with pliers to get it out. How can I get this remnant out and then screw in a new one. If you have a BOSS manual handy it is part #92. Its a nuisance driving around with one blade guide at half staff.

KB

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Use a easy out. You can get them from auto zone or advanced auto or auto value. requires a small hole to be drilled and then just tap the easy out in the sheared off bolt and then back it out. A little PB Blaster wont hurt over night on the bolt either.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I agree an easy out. If you want to be a little lazy you could also drill it out and just use a bolt instead of a self tapper.

4. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

got it out this afternoon. Some some PB Blaster, some drilling, an ez-out and when that didn't work my brother's acetylene torch helped it all work out nicely. Small wire brush, black spray paint and she's as good as new. Thanks everybody. By the way why couldn't BOSS make the mounting post for those blade guides an inch or so taller then have two bolts easily accesible for just such an occurrence. Instead they bury one inside the plow frame.

KB