1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shear bolts keep breaking

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MalibuSSwagon, Dec 22, 2008.

1. MalibuSSwagon

MalibuSSwagon Junior Member

Hey new here, looking to see if anyone can help me out with a problem I am having with my older Fisher conventional plow.

I bought a 94 GMC full size about 2 years ago with this plow installed, assuming since this truck was new, and this truck is pretty beat. But the shear bolts that connect the plow mount to the plow frame keep breaking, no idea why. I had an 88 chev full size w/ the same style plow for 8 yrs and never broke those bolts once. (got rid of the truck cuz the frame rotted in half!)

Any help you guys can provide me is great! I don't do commercial plowing with this thing, just my long driveway out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks