1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

She should be worth keeping but wahat do you think

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

99 F250, 7.3 POWERSTROKE 189K bought it last summer.Have done way more in this short time Ive owned than I anticipated .The list cam sensor,batteries,glow plugs, relay,ball joints and rear diffenetial.Anyway the Ford dealer put a used rear end in 2500.00 to reapir and it was warrentied for 6 months.I still think the clutch pack is not working correctly .There is some minor chatter on cormers with trailer.I have gone back and forth with them they say its your tire s its the ujoint.Cannot afford for truck to be down nor am I going pay anther 2500 to reapir.Theses trucks are suppose to go for ever.People I have talked to are on both sides some say Great truck fix it,others say nothing but problems with yr and mafe.Ijust want a truck that works right without spending a fortune.Cannot afford a new one so I am forced to get used equipment does anyyone sell anything good anymore.truck has a small amount of oil that leaks too thinking it maybeO RING but have yet to get to this .:mad::mad:dave????? I may go back to chevy gas.
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Have you checked the parking brake assembly? They rot out and fall apart internally and hang up when turning. What ratio rear? Find a used one and throw it in.
  3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

4. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Just go back to the chevy!!!!:salute:
  5. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

there always a lemon out there