1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Shaw construction scam

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ryde307, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I just recieved a call from a guy named matt from shaw construction asking to help with services on there buildings. I hung up cause it didnt sound right. I did some quick research and its scam going around right now. They call ask you for info and to help service properties. They take you info and some money and move along.
    Just aheads up if you get a call from 630-405-5012 thats what it is just hang up.
  2. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

I don't see a scam here!

Why would anyone be stupid enough to PAY someone AND offer them a service...

However, The 2 minutes that I spent searching about them makes them appear as a very legit company. I see no other reports on-line about them being a scam.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the information.
    With the economy down there are alot more scams out there. If you don't know them be cautious.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Matt from Shaw doesn't exist is my guess, first Shaw is a Huge company I doubt they are running a scam, second a 630 number isn't from MN.
  5. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I was not saying its from MN or directly targeted at plow contractors. a quick search had many people commenting on the same thing with various names matt mary so on and so on. Its the phone number I was more or less warning about. They call say im so and so we are swamped can you help us out on some properties press 1 to talk to a rep. At this point I hung up did a quick search and found lots of others talking about it. They ask you for you to pay $90 or whatever for the property list and it goes from there. If you make it to that point and dont realize the scam going on I dont feel that bad but figured I would give warning.
    As for the name shaw construction. My guess is there are 100's and 99.9% are great companies thats not the point I am just pointing out the name the scam is using.