1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shallow mount strobes cargo light ( third brake light)

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mass1589, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

hey guys i was attempting to put a hideaway strobe in my third brake light over the bed. the bulb itself is too big and hits the lense before i can screw it back together!!!

does anyone know of a bulb thats a shallow mount or will fit an 88-98 gm pickup cargo light??

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I can seem to find the thread with the guys contact info, but his name on here is Dissocative, and he did install a set of strobes in a 88-2000 classic body style 3rd break light. He said in the video he has never had a issue with the lense melting and he has them mounted where the factory work light bulbs go.
  3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i cant see how they will fit i tried and the lense does not have enough room....ill have to try to look for it..
  4. Fire_n_Ice

Fire_n_Ice Senior Member

Unless you are completely sold on those tubes, (if you might have the opportunity to return them) I would put Whelen Vertexs in. I have them in mine. They are great and took less than 30 mins start to finish to install. Just my $0.02