1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Shaker" Wiper De-Icer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MajorDave, Oct 29, 2015.

1. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

For years, I just keep good blades on there, spray it down with Preston De-Icer every hour, and just like you all, reach out and smack the blades once in a while.

Anyone use these? Great reviews, but they never post reviews that say "these suck!" haha. Thought I would ask. $139 for the system. But if they work great - that's worth it!

https://www.wipershaker.com/

2. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Heated wipers are the way to go! I use everblades

3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Hmmm - interesting - how do you wire them? Is there a unit you have to mount somewhere?

Anyone else?

4. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Go to hwbllc.com or everblades.com both work really well, you won't ever have to get out and knock ice off blades again, just flip a switch and will be melted of in matter of minutes!

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Im looking at everglades, and on their website reading the instructions laughing at step 9 of wiper installation.

6. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Been plowing for going on 35 years..Not spending $139 on that..Arm out the window when needed works just fine..

7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That's an interesting set up too...probably makes much more sense than the "arm out the window in Michigan!" LOL