1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

shaker/vibrator for lg sanders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by balky22, Dec 14, 2009.

1. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

hey guys i have a six yard down easter sander and i'm looking to make or purchase a vibrator to mount to the side of the sander. any info on where i could buy one or details to build one would be great . we are running mostly a sand salt mix. i'm getting tired of climbimg on top of this sander to poke it down by hand . thank you in advance for your help.

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

what do those vibrators normally run cost wise?

4. Kubota 8540

When I put the pair on my spreader a couple of years ago I think they were about $450? for the pair. Ordered my online and paid shipping. But they were worth every penny. About 15 amps each.

5. 04chevy2500

nice not too bad. whats the vibration like? do you feel it in the cab or does it seem to just stay contained to the spreader?

6. Kubota 8540

Well, mine is on the 3 point hitch on the back of the Kubota tractor. It is directly connect to the tractor with steel pins. The vibration is pretty well isolated to the spreader. If you should happen to hit the switch with nothing in the spreader, it will wake the neighborhood. Its a convenience, it works well with wet salt, or treated salt, as well as salt / sand mix. How it will vibrate on a vbox I couldn't really say, but I would think it should be the same.

7. 04chevy2500

ok thanks a lot for the info

8. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to find a 200# force vib. for that large of a spreader.

9. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

any ideas on where i can purchase one of these things. or a place to order from. thank you for the help

10. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I bought mine from the guy at Karrier Co.. I could have bought a cheaper one elsewhere, but after talking to that guy, I bought from him. Used that vib. for 5 winters, no problems.
    Here you go: www.karrierco.com/

11. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

thanks a bunch.i will checkit out