1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SHA Salt Controlers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chopper0912, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

I was at work today and I saw a guy from Maryland's SHA and I started talking to him. Come to find out he is retired but he said how everything has come along. He said when he first started (1970) they were throwing salt by hand on the roads. Then he said all they have to do now if punch it into the computer and it does it all. Retired in 2000. Well I have been looking all over the net trying to find that kind of system and I can't find anything. I am guessing that it is for bigger trucks but I would really like to see what my SHA is running. They have got new trucks last year and was wondering what controls they had. Any information would be great. Thank you guys for your time and information. Thanks again!

2. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

stop by your districts shop and talk to them.