1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Severe Werther Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Vaughn Schultz, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

...significant Severe Weather Outbreak Expected This Afternoon And

A High Risk Of Severe Thunderstorms Exists This Afternoon And
    Evening For Portions Of North Central Illinois...along And Southwest Of A Line From Dixon To Morris To Paxton. A Moderate Risk Of Severe Thunderstorms Exists Just South Of A Line From Rockford To Chicago To Portage Indiana...with A Slight Risk Over Extreme Northeastern Illinois.

Severe Thunderstorms Are Expected To Develop Across Northern
    Illinois And Northwest Indiana This Afternoon And Evening. A Cold
    Front Crossing The Area Will Bring An End The Severe Weather Threat Around Or Shortly After Midnight. Tornadoes...some Possibly Strong...very Large Hail...and Damaging Winds Are Likely...with The Greatest Threat In The High Risk Area.

Persons Across Northern Illinois And Northwest Indiana Should
    Continue To Monitor This Developing Weather Situation Throughout The Day. Have A Plan Of Action Ready Should Severe Weather Approach Later Today.

2. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

yes but there say chance of measurable snow on thursday maybe one last shot
  3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Yep we had strong storms here last night and they are calling for more tonight, more on Monday. Then a chance of snow flurries on Tuesday, with snow possible on Thursday.:confused:
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

We are getting hammered right now with Severe Thunderstroms......there are confirmed tornadoes just 1 county south of me. And they just upgraded our Thunderstorm watch to a Tornado watch....and there is a 60% chance of snow tomorrow night!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :eek: :eek:
  5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

AAHHH Mother Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the Bulls eye!!!!:yow!:

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sitting about 30 miles north of Minneapolis..... get to pull the all nighter, waiting with the plows on...

Don't let it fool you...

so far we've gotten 1", and it's still 34 out....

I just hope it holds off until about 5 am...

Nothing I hate more is getting 3" of snow from 2 am until 5 am, and then everyone wondering why they aren't all plowed by 6 am.....
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Long as you are plowing snow and not wood from the wind, that's a good thing..
  8. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

How did you guys fare last night? Only have had heavy rain here last night and today so far. Still calling for Strong storms here later on. I am not sure but I think we may have gotten about .75 to 1 inch here in the last hour. Things are really starting to green up and before long the mowers are going to be humming along. But they are still calling for some type of snow here in the next few days.