1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Setups for snow blowers on trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike247, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mike247

Mike247 Junior Member

I have a 96 Chevy 3500 dump truck with a tornado spreader on it. I'm trying to figure out how to put a snow blower on the truck as well. I have the small toro snow blowers with the rubber blades. I was going to move spreader over but I was told it wouldn't be equal weight so just trying to pick done brains and see if anyone had this issue. Any feedback would be helpful, especially pics. Thanks and good luck this winter season.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a boss Vbx 8000 in my 8' bed, and I'm able to fit my toro 418 between the salter and the cab

3. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Strap her to the hood! Depends on how your setup looks? Got any pics to give us a better idea?

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

That's irrelevant. You're comparing your spreader to his, and they're two completely different animals.

Op put air bags in your rear. Dual path, so you can put different amounts of pressure in each side and equal out the balance.

5. chevyhauler

chevyhauler Senior Member

I made a SS frame that bolts to the back of my old polycaster.
    Still allows the plastic cover (covers chain) and spinner assembly to come off.
    Only downfall to my design is that the sander will not slide out and then stand on end like Fisher designed because the frame would be in the way. I remove it in the off season and leave it on the truck all winter.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How far would you need to slide the spreader over to make the snowblower sit next to it? If you're only moving it a few inches then I wouldn't worry, if you scoot it a 18" over then you'll have a totally different situation for weight distribution.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm comparing a v box to anoher v box, I'd say my post is much more reasonable that having him put air bags in his truck and sliding the salter over.
    Also his post doesn't say the length of the dump.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  8. JustJeff

But your spreader has different dimensions than his does. He can put in a set of air bags in the back for 200.00 and move the spreader completely over to one side if he wants and still ride level.

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

10. 1HOTCAT

1HOTCAT Junior Member

Why not a luggage rack put into your reese hitch. I have done this before. Just have to remove blower before spreading salt, and when not salting you will need to remember that it is back there so you do not back into anything

11. JustJeff

Because on most spreaders the spinner covers the area where he would put the rack in his hitch.

12. JustJeff

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

14. thenemomachine

thenemomachine Junior Member

We carry 2 blowers. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

15. thenemomachine

thenemomachine Junior Member

No problems yet. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

16. LogansLawnCare

LogansLawnCare Member

It is hard to tell from the pics, how do you have those blowers attached?

17. 1HOTCAT

1HOTCAT Junior Member

Just go get some 1 inch wide by 1/8 thick, 2 feet long metal. Either have a shop bend it, or if you have a touch bend it yourself. Make two straps that go up over the lip and into the salt box, secure it to the salter, then have the remainder of the metal going out the back of the box, going downward with a hook bend at the end of it to hang the blower from. Use bungies to secure blower to salter.

18. LogansLawnCare

LogansLawnCare Member

Cool thanks!