1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

setup question issue with new pro plus.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Jan 24, 2016.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

first storm here in jersey and what a storm it was. besides the crappy stock tires the new pro plus setup did well. i was surprised at how much snow the plow was leaving behind compared to my last plow (western HTS). so once i was all wrapped up i get back to the office and drop the plow to run inside and when i come out i notice that the skid shoes are set quite high, the HTS didn't have these and i left them as they were installed in August. so my question is do you guys plow with the shoes set high on purpose or do you lower them or take them off? some input would be nice.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Remove and use as door holder.

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

thats what i thought but there has to be a reason they are on there...

4. 1olddogtwo

Well yes. If plowing soft, gravel, sensitive or looking to extend life of blade.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

When the price of scrap goes up, well you get it.

6. 1olddogtwo

It's like a rebate from Western

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

so put them in the corner of the garage till i have a customer that has a gravel drive... which in NJ is almost never.

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If they came with the plow why not just set them to max height and leave them on. Then when you need them for a soft gravel situation they will be there. And... they will give just a bit more down pressure....

9. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

i'll go play with the 8064 washers tomorrow.

10. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

mine was set at 1/8 inch by FDR when i got it and it worked perfectly at that height.
    the only issue i had was there was too much snow to see if the back drag blade was worth the money.