1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

settings for wb spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kings of grenn, Nov 12, 2012.

1. kings of grenn

kings of grenn Junior Member

i purchased a lco this spring and of course i have his snow accounts this winter.This is my first year of snow removal.After reading this forum for a few weeks now i have a couple questions.First one of my apartment complexes has 1100 feet of sidewalk the needs salted and im going to use my lesco broadcast spreader to apply the salt what setting should i use? second question is should i buy bagged or bulk? thanks

2. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Geez. I apologize for everyone that no one has replied to your first post! Anyways the settings is going to be different than during pesticide/fertilizers season due to the size of the salt. It will also depend on the application....if a heavy salting is needed or not. I would DEFINITELY buy bagged salt. Hope the season is going well. You get any blizzards their this year?

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bagged material

Bulk salt will not flow through that spreader very well if any at all. If you are going to spread magnesium or calcium chloride pellets that will be similar in size to fertilizer. Be sure to use side deflectors if your sidewalk is a normal size sidewalk. Otherwise you will waste a lot of material.