1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Setting up my truck for plowing

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by santelikk, Sep 28, 2007.

1. santelikk

santelikk Member

What do I all need on the vehicle side of the truck for a uni-mount plow?

Here is what I came up with am I missing anything??
    9 pin control harness
    Power/Ground Cable
    Headlight Relay
    Solenoid
    Hand Controler/Joystick

I am debating trying to find everything via the internet or going through a dealer.

I got a qoute of $511 for everything from a Western Dealer. Am I being taken to the cleaners for this price?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The two things I don't see on your list are the head light adapter harness's and the mount itself for your truck. $500 isn't a bad price for everything you've checked on so far. But if you want to save a little cash, you can dig around this site a little as there may be someone here that may have some of the stuff that you need, either new or in good used condition.. Are you aware that Western discontinued the Unimounts? This can make it a little tough to find some of the needed components to install the Unimount's on the 01-up Gm's.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007