1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

setting up my 07

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by pipelayer, Oct 15, 2013.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

in the next few months i want to get my 07 pefect before the snow flies. i already have lights on order from napa, strobes, and a back rack to install, ill get some pictures up soon of how the truck sits, then put up a few more as i go along. heres what im planning: 2) 4" round LED lights in the rear bumper, 2) 4" LED square lights mounted vertical on the back rack, all as reverse lights. 90 watt output strobe kit in the truck, (headlights, tail lights, 2 in the grille) strobe lights in the 5 high clearance lights, and 2 strobes on the corners of my fisher headlights. as well as a few other things here and there. if theres any suggestions you guys have for my plow or truck that other guys are running let me know. much appreciated. thanks. pics are soon to follow. i know,, those are important.

2. m.williams

m.williams Member

psh no one answered you. #turndownforwhat

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

First thing I'd buy is a good set of snow tires.:waving:

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

All the extra lights, including the back up lights should be wired through a relay. The TIPM in your truck is very sensitive to amperage draw, and the main harness is barely heavy enough for stock lighting.

5. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

yeah i was thinking that, the TIPM was changed the day i picked the truck up from the dealer, (a few months ago) and it has new terra grapplers on it right now, so i should be OK.

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Oil spray the truck, concentrate on the rear fenders and rockers. Wiring on the 06-07 trucks is pathetic at best. Love mine but hate the front ends, tipm, multi function switch and the trans cooler lines.