1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Setting up Multiple Meyers

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by greywynd, Nov 29, 2010.

1. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

I'm working on setting up 2-3 Meyers on trucks, and have an assortment of stuff that I'm working with. Biggest thing though is that I have 2 E-47s,a nd one E-60, and would like to have them set up that I can quickly swap pumps around if necessary. (One truck is a crew cab, so not the best plow truck, but good for backup or in heavy snowfalls we can bring it out to help.)

Right now I have one touch pad, and one set of Meyers toggle switches, so will have to find another controller at some point. I was told that the touch pad or a pistol is a must for an E60, is this correct? If so, I will have to make the wiring such that I can transfer the TP along with the 60 from truck to truck.

Seeing as 2 out of 3 of these are going to have classic mounts, I was simply going to hardwire everything as necessary, the harness, plowlights, etc will stay on the trucks year round anyway. With doing three of them I figured it would be cheaper to buy a few rolls of wire, and wire them all up myself.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how I can make things as easy to interchange as possible?

The other issue is the hydraulic hoses, standard on the 60 seems to be to have them mounted to the cylinders, and QC's for both lines at the pump.....whereas the 47 has one mounted to the pump all the time. Again, I would like easy to swap, especially since I have more blades than trucks, and need to set up a poly edge on one for a particular site.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You don't HAVE to run a touch pad or pistol grip with an E60, they simply remove the rather annoying quirk of the blade slowly working it's way to the left as you lift it time after time due to how the hydro system works. There's many guys out there running the 60's with the old dual toggles and Slik Stik's....just have to accept the quirk I mentioned and bump the blade back to the right occasionally. So it's your call really.

For the hoses and couplers simply convert the E47's over to the same layout as what you have on the E60. Just move the hoses over to the plow side and installs the couplers on the pumps on every setup. Easy enough.
  3. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Good to know about the touchpad and the 60 B&B, I'll keep the pad mated to the 60 normally as it is now, but I know that in a pinch I can just swap pumps and not worry about the controller side of things.

As to hoses, I got thinking about that one, I think I'll take a look at putting a hose on the 60 same as the 47's...reason being it seems the caps on the 60 seem to keep going missing, and I can just loop the hose onto itself.

Biggest thing now is for me to get at setting up harness and wiring! The joys of having the great outdoors as a workshop, LOL!!
  4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I have 2 meyers 60's running on dual toggles. Both of which I have purchased new in the last year, because the touch pads kept quitting. Sitll have a diamond running a touch pad, but if it ever goes it will probibaly be switched to a toggle also. New cost for controller and wiring to the plow was about $250.00 cad
  5. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

slik stik is the way to go u will thank your self later i just switched trucks this year i was plowing the last 2 years with a stik. Now i got a touch pad so u need both hands to drive and raise the plow.
    were as on the slik stick one hand changes gears and plow raise with your pinkie or index finger
    trust me it is faster