1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

setting shoe height on older meyer

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by m2low, Nov 5, 2008.

1. m2low

m2low Member

just wondering what the shoes should be set at for normal driveway clearing? this is an older meyer plow, new cutting edge about 2 years ago but was only used maybe 5 times on the new blade... want to try to keep most of the rocks along side the driveway in their rock bed and not push them out of the bed, the shoes should let me scrape the pavement but hover the blade over the rock bed correct?

2. m2low

m2low Member

pictures of the setup

some pictures of my setup if needed

HPIM0879.jpg

HPIM0880.jpg

HPIM0881.jpg

HPIM0882.jpg

HPIM0883.jpg

3. m2low

m2low Member

more pictures

more pics... yes I am going to paint it all come next year, just have to make sure all the bugs are worked out.

HPIM0884.jpg

HPIM0885.jpg

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For normal paved driveways you generally don't run any shoes at all. Won't scrape it clean if you do.

5. m2low

m2low Member

OK, that sounds good to me, get it clean and drag it back... then I will have to watch for the rocks on the side - as long as the most of the blade is on driveway I should be OK scraping over the top of the rocks.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes that would be a case where it's up to the operator to ensure there's no "excavating".

If your concerned with catching the rocks mark the edge of the drive with flags or driveway stakes to identify the edge. :waving: