1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Setting 28V HELP

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Steep&DEEP, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

OK bought my first V plow (second snoway plow) and got to plow today for first time with it. I am leaving a very bad ribbon behind the tower and it appears that the ouside edges of the wings are "airplaning" not sure what to do but am not impressed with the plow at all for this reason cleanup look bad and i'm very particular about that. To make things worse i have the possibility of three storm moving in so i have got to get this fixed. i'm not real impressed with the dealer either heck i spent this much money on a new plow and i didn't even get a hat LOL. help me out folks i'm stressin :cry:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You bought a 28v the double hinge design? If so it sounds like you need to set it up for the truck. Didn't the dealer adjust it for you? The instructions are in the set up manual* pages 11, 12, 13. Be sure to do the set up with the truck ready to plow, all ballast and material on board. It's a pain to adjust but if it's not done it the plow isn't worth s*&t, it will take a while to get right but take solace in the fact you have dependable hydraulics and a fully functioning control.

*http://www.snoway.com/service/Setup_Installation/97101117b.pdf

3. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

I'm really starting to wonder about the dealer i think i got a slap it together collect my money and run it out the door deal. I have tried to do as the directions for set up say but it is like the center wear strip is up a quarter or half inch to high. Heck they hadn't even adjusted the float limiter. What really ticks me off is i got the She's ready to plow snow speach when i picked it upi i am very upset right now WOW

4. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

By center edge being to high i mean that it is that much highr than the cutting edge for the wings and is the same in scoop, V or straight. and i can't get it any closer to the ground. doesn't matter if i take washers out or add seems about the same except the pad is either on or off the ground

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is the tower plumb? It sounds like it is falling back towards the truck

This is not a quick adjustment. First you need to get your unit sitting so the tower is plumb, then tighten your float limiters so it can not "fall back." next adjust and install the skids. The center skid is very important.

6. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Yes , the guys are right on the ajustment for sure. You will just have to play with it till you get the ground level just the way you want it for a clean sweep across the lot. I have the same plow myself and it really does a great job. Soooooooooooooooo hang in there buddy. Sorry about the Dealer problem. They are like that sometimes and they Love your money$$$$$$ too.

7. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

ok maybe thats part of what i was doing wrong i don't know. i followed the directions and took the float limiters down and backed them off 2 turns. going to try to call the dealer today but the questions i asked when i purchased it they had a rough time answering so i'm saying the same will be the case here and i prolly be on my frickin own

8. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

any more thoughts and help would be great and appreciated. i am forcasted to go from ice storm warning for tonight to snow on saturday and sunday and possibly again on tuesday and wednesday

9. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

yes go tell the dealer you want your money back if he doesn't fix the problem. also let him know about this site and your questions posted on a open forum.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could suggest he and you could call tech support for help if he's incapable of doing this on his own.

11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Post up the pictures of the steel center piece. They are FAR better then the crappy rubber ones.

12. Steep&DEEP

Steep&DEEP Junior Member
    from NW OHIO

didn't get steel center. didn't know they made a steel center. went to dealer today they looked at it made a couple adjustments that once i get were there was snow to try it at they told me to play with it and they would give me the number to tech support the were sure they had it when i left...... WRONG. tell me more about the steel center and anymore thoughts