1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

setas, my *ss hurts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hangnail, Dec 20, 2008.

1. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I have a 97 f350, and just spent 14 hours in it, my back and *ss are busted. when i got the truck, the seat springs where broken, I tried to fix them, and i did improve it, but not enough for that many hours in the seat.

what are you guys using for seats in the older trucks? I have a 40/20/40 split and i do like that set up, but i am seriously considering getting some new seats. any ideas?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have had a 99 and now an 04 and after too many hours in a truck your ass will hurt.
    Getting out to stretch works for me.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

go to the junk yard! Might as well get heated while you're there.

4. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

go to the junk yard and get a new one.

5. PlowGood

PlowGood Member

Sometimes you will unconsciously tense up and lean forward trying to somehow "see" the plow blade. That will make your lower back ache very quickly. Try to be more relaxed, and move the seat forward (and up straight) more than if you were just driving around town going to the store.

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Thats how our 97 is it only has one position and that is broke. If your not 5'8'' stay out cause you wont reach the pedals. But i keep my seat all the way up and back all the way because i am kinda tall. And my lean is more towards the center where my touch pad is. But i also have a bad neck and back as it is.

7. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

mine was the same way go to the junk yard i found one that looks brand new and is very comfy only cost like 100 bucks or so

8. coolgreen

coolgreen Member

I feel your pain.

The seat in my 1995 GMC is so worn out that I'm ready to rip it out and try to bolt some bucket seats in there.

I only wish it would stop snowing long enough for me to do something about it.

I don't think I'll ever find a seat at the bone yard that is any better than mine.

9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Just rip out the innards, and drop in a bean bag chair...you'd be pimpin' :D

10. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I've got Subaru buckets in my 83 Chevy from the junk yard. Very comfy. THey took some engineering to fit but they work.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

My arse and back get busted up no matter what I do sitting in a seat for that long...

I guess get used to it...lol

12. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

I have a '97 F-250 HD, exactly the same as your F-350. The previous owner swapped in 6-way power seats from an earlier Lightning with power lumbar and side bolsters too. They're actually very nice to sit in and you can set it any way you like.