1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Set up for 96 1500 suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by buildingup, Jan 22, 2009.

1. buildingup

buildingup Junior Member

Just wondering what you guys would throw on the front of this truck. Dads finally getting tired of using the tractor for pushing snow and is looking for a set up for the suburban. Will only be used for driveways and is for personal use and not commercial.

Also if you guys know of anyone selling a decent setup in SE Michigan that would be great. Would rather have a set up on my lb7 but I'm not home enough to have one.

Thanks guys

Julian

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

since it's only a half ton i would say get a 7'6 blade although i have seen 91 and older suburbans with 8 footers on them. how many miles are on the truck? any blade you get will put a lot of added pressure on the front end so you want to make sure it's in decent shape to begin with. i know fisher and western make light duty plows for the homeowner. you may want to look into them on the websites. i don't know too many people who plow with suburbans but the couple i have known over the years said they were a pain because of how long they are. if you're only gonna do limited work like you said then you should be fine once you get used to it. good luck:salute: