1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seson 07-08 dents and scratches

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by raptorman03, Dec 15, 2007.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

well ill start her off. Backed into my mailbox today trying to get around a parked car. Man do i feel dumb.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That really sucks man. Box did alot of damage. I know how you feel though. Backing up in my own yard truck spun a little and slid into my own jeep.

No picture of the truck yet, damaged the corner of the box just above the bumper. Didn't wrinkle like yours though. Originally the fender flare was hanging so rebolted that after pulling the fender out. It's junk now though...

dec062007 002 (Small).jpg
  3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

No dents or scratches yet for this year:eek:....the only thing we've had to deal with is the fuel pump S'ing the bed today:mad:...so we're down one truck for tomorrows storm, but we brought in a reinforcement. a 410B with a 10' power angle plow on it.:nod: So we should make out just fine.
  4. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

every year you get a truck you hit or get hit i remember the 05 had a dent in the hood
  5. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

ouch .. dat sux .... brand new silverado ehh .... the lessons were dont learn while plowing ... dont feel to bad i wiped out my plow in the beginning of of this year in january ... t -boned a mini van and a 4 way stop right around the corner from my house .. talkin aboiut embarrasing .... thank god insurance didnt find out .. and no points ..
  6. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Congrats on that.
  7. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

It always happens when they are new

I ran in to my new 07 with the skid loader after having it for only 3 weeks. $2000 for a new box side, still havent replaced it i figured some one will fun it into a mail box this winter. that sort of stuff makes you kinda sick for a day or so.
  8. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

I havent hurt the truck but I got too close to a dumpster and ripped the blade guide off. At least this was an easy fix.

Remember always look twice:)

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Notice busted mirror housing also
    Notice how headgear is all bent and the top of the blade is bent (don't look at the messy shed,lol)
  10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I'll have to post mine tomorrow seeing how it's dark out right now.
  11. DJ Contracting

Well here it is

We were plowing out a church and one of my trucks got stuck so i pulled along side of him to tell him to use the plow to assist in getting out, anyway i got back in my truck put in reverse and low and behold there is my brother in-law trying to push some snow right next to me (very close). I ended up hitting the plow as he was trying to get out of the way, needles to say my truck took the worst of it :cry:. I told him that it was just plain ******** to try and get that close to another truck :realmad: .

Daves Tat 005.jpg
  12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

muni plow went up over my trailer hitch [​IMG] 9grand so far is what the ins is saying there hoping to have it back by the 31st
  13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i taught my girlfriend how to plow a couple weeks back. one of the first things i tried to imprint in her head was BE AWARE OF WHAT IS ON ALL SIDES OF THE TRUCK AND HOW CLOSE THE TRUCK AND PLOW ARE TOO IT..

lol. :D

sorry to hear about the scrapes though. i know if it were me i would be annoyed over it. :nod:
  14. DJ Contracting

I hear you, i taught my wife how to plow and just this year @ the church that we attend i was showing my 17 yr old son how to plow seeing how he is now officially working for me now (co-op).
  15. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

course i almost backed over a guy delivering newspapers not too long ago when i was plowing a drive.......:drinkup:

your wife anygood at plowing? my girlfriend does alright but she is SLOW. took her almost half a hour to do a ten minute drive. then by the time she got to the third drive she said she was tired of it and didnt want to do it anymore. that maybe some other day when she wasn't so tired.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can see the section I bought last year plowing,good thing the fence was rotted!

snow 12-16-17-07 003 (Small).jpg
  17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I don;t have any pics but I put i nice small crease on the right edge of the moldboard on the plow. Probably about 2" long, Ohter than that I've DESTROYED two vinyl fence posts. I've been plowing for six years and have not hit too much. I took out those two fence posts (on my own farm luckily) out withing ten minutes of eachother. Now I have to wait until spring to fix them.
  18. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

I destroyed 2 computers today plowing:eek::D

I was plowing along a road for someone and stacking the snow on the edge of their property across the street. The neighbor had two computer moniters sitting by the road burried under the snow for the garbage men. The were all ripped apart after i crushed them. :D Funny i remembered seeing them sitting there back in the fall when i did the leaf cleanup for these people that i plow for also.

Couple weeks ago i ruined one of those metal light up snow men similar to those white lighted deer. Also pushed a huge pile of snow that moved a mail box.

Thats about all i've done so far, nothing to costly or serious. I am careful but stuff happens.;)
  19. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Dropped the plow at the garage door of an account, looked in my mirror, and backed down the whole driveway. When I looked out the windshield, I saw the whole driveway lit up from the Christmas lights I tore off the front of the house. :D
  20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

One of my guys backed into a minivan, poped the side window out and left a huge crease. The door wouldn't open. The guy was pissed but my guy said he pulled right in front of him and stopped. The guy had 2" of snow all over his car and couldn't see a thing. I told him you can fix yours and I'll fix mine. The van didn't stand up to well to the tire on the tractor. We're pretty lucky that's the worst thing that has ever happened in the 18 years I've plowed. (touch wood)