1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ServUrite Services..anyone have any info....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by eng50, Sep 14, 2007.

1. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

as to history with this company? I have been contacted reference bidding on some commercial properties in my area and would like any input anyone has as to pay history, dealing with agents etc.

Thank you

2. I did 2 Toys R Us stores here for them last year and couldnt ask for better... Great people to deal with and I had no problems whatsoever....Hope to do the same again this year....
  3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Why even bother? It's just a middle-man aimed at shaving your profits. They're strategy is to underbid everyone else, take a cut and pay you the rest.

Even if you do a great job, they'll dump you for someone cheaper before paying you what you're worth.....

The legitimate accounts don't call the snow plowers because they have snow plowers contacting them..... the middle-men call around because they have to find a sucker willing to pay them their share for making phone calls.
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Is this a company out of Simi Valley, CA?

Some report good experience; some not so good. There are a lot of ways the little guy can get screwed by a national management company. First and foremost, avoid having all your "eggs in one basket". Then, keep a handle on Accounts Payable.
  5. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Just a very small piece for us, Pep Boys uses them exculsively and has for 15 years. They operate on zero tolerance and meet all the requirements I have as far as allowing contractor evaluations of properties, lead times, etc. I will give them a try for several properties that I have some retired guys to work on..

Thank you for the input, thats what makes this site worth so much..

6. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Hey Bill, how are things working out with them? They just contacted me to do 4 stores here. The said "If you can do them for $xxx per store for plowing and $xxx for salting we can sign you right up". Well, as much as I don't like service companies the amount they offered was about 50% higher than what I would have charged to do them!! And I am no low-baller, I bill out at $125 per hour. They sent me a contract and things look good, just wanted to get some input before I sign it.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Contracted for one location here this year. First time working with them so we'll see. One thing that I did not like was that in the contract it states they pay NET 40! So don't rely on getting paid real quick. I talked with the president, Steve and he seemed alright. Only time will tell.
  8. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I talked to Steve too, and questioned the net 40. He said it was because they pay every 25 days and given a few days for processing and mailing some guys werent getting their checks til 31 or 32 days. So to avoid all the phone calls and hassle he just changed it to 40 in the contract.

Should be interesting to see how this works put.
  9. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

I was wondering if everyone is still happy with Servurite. They just contacted my about doing some plowing for them and want to check before I sign the contract, thanks
  10. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

It's too early to tell. I just sent them a $1300 invoice, we will see when payment comes!
  11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

sounds like they may be "not like the rest" of the nationals.
    Do they have a web site?
  12. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Is this Steve Eckman? Is this his name? I had a situation with them this year. I was contracted to do snow removal for a couple of Dollar General stores this year and Mowing next spring. I already did mowing for one of these stores so I had contact with the company. Anyhow, the second snow event of the season this guy is in their lot when I was driven by and he was plowing it. I stopped and asked him what the hell he was doin and he said he signed a contract with ServUrite. I called Steve and he said they were in charge of all Dollar General Maintenace stores. I called my contact and had a phone call frenzy and then a Manager from one of the locations calls corporate. They say that of course its me and tell the other guy to take a hike. Then about a week later I am talkn to a good friend of mine who also pushes and he also was contacted by ServUrite for my 2 accounts. How in the hell can a Management company hand out contracts for businesses that they don't even work for? Sounds pretty iffy to me.

P.S. sorry so long.
  13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

DIDO on the prices! They called me for Dollar General stores and I gave them a bid that I never thought they would accept and the next day we were offered a contract. Bad thing....they forgot they already had a vendor for those stores.:confused:
  14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

maybe doing a little price checking on your behalf:rolleyes:
  15. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Have never worked for them but as someone mentioned they do all the pep boys stores, we take care of properties on both sides of a Pep boys store so they let me bid every year
    they have never given me the contract. They do however go thru many contractors. I have held accounts on both sides for 12 years, they have changed several times.
  16. boso_36

boso_36 Junior Member

Thanks for your input.......signed the contract today...guess we will have to wait and see how it turns out....right now they seem a little unorganized and way behind in getting contractors to handle the accounts for them....time will tell......
  17. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Exactly. Unless a contractor was fired or quit, why would you be waitn until the end of November in my case or the middle of December in yours. What happened to August or September? Good luck my friend.