1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Service Work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by StonewallFarms, Nov 18, 2007.

1. StonewallFarms

StonewallFarms Member

I bought a 2006 GMC this summer with a 8.5 fisher extreme v ss on it. the truck had been used and was a gmc buy back. to make a long story short i am having some issues with the electrical system on the plow. The truck came with no information on the fisher as well as a proof of purchase. Does any one know of a good place to get this serviced without bringing it to a back yard machanic? Im located in Central mass , worcester area.

well fisher has a good website to download a trouble shooting guide, it shows everything a tech would use/see for them to trouble shoot. theres arrowhead in albany NY not sure sure about one closer to the mass border.....but check out the fisher site for that trouble shooting electrical stuff

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

theres brake & clutch in salem (there good) or theres Langs corner garage in Rye NH.......only two places id let touch my plow
  6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm probably to far away 3+ hours,whats the problem?this stuff is usually pretty simple.
  7. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

As DJMAuction said, download the mechanic's guide off the Fisher site and begin troubleshooting. The guide is very helpful and if you methodically work your way through the potential problem checks you will have it diagnosed in no time.

I used it this weekend to help locate a couple electrical issues I was having. Pretty easy if you take your time and follow the flow charts they provide. All you really need is a circuit tester and a multi-meter.

Good luck.
  8. J.C. Madigan in Harvard MA. Right off Rte 2A near Fort Devens. Is that too much of a ride? 978-772-2067.
  9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Stonewall, I got your guy for you. Right in West Boylston. Very good guy, works extremely reasonable. One of my trucks is there right now. He used to run the show down at Tuck's Trucks for a while doing their plow work. Very smart, and quick. He has fixed all of my problems, and will do a complete plow service including change fluid and filters, grease the plow, adjust the headlights for $75. I gotta go pick up my truck Friday from him. Give me a call, I will set you up with him. I guarantee you he will fix your problem. You can drop your truck off and pick mine up for me...that will be your ride back :)
  10. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

Putnam ford in CT is about 20mins from worcester they do good service on Fisher
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

My guy is 5 minutes from Worcester. :)