1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

service time for the Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grandview, Nov 4, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'ts that tmie of year again. Time to take the vplow in for it's yearly checkups so i don't have any trouble. Just checking what does your dealer charge for this service?79.00 +tx here. I could do it myself but no time with me still cutting lawns.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's real simple. I save the money and do it myself. I'm getting it out of storage tomorrow. First thing I do is wash it really good. Then I change the fluid, making sure to get it out of the cylinders also. I also inspect all wiring and clean all electrical connections and apply grease. I check all nuts and bolts for tightness. Finally, I sand and repaint any rust areas.
  3. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Up north where I am located they call it a (flush & adjust) which simply means change the fluid-make sure all bolts are tight, I paid $130.00 to have the fluid changed, is it really that hard that it takes 1.5 hrs ? Will do it myself if someone could kinda assist me, I have a western MVP.: