1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Service Specs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by forestfireguy, Nov 5, 2009.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

As I'd imagine most of you have, we developed years ago a service spec sheet. It has eveolved and been changed to suit our needs and is considered part of our contract. We do work for a few property management companies, and I don't mean USM or the like, I mean real estate management co's. All of them demand that their service specs supercede ours and that we sign their contract, not ours. This has been non-negotiable. What are your feelings on this topic? The specs don't mirror one another, but they are not so grossly different that we're handicapped. I'd rather they were ours, obviously but, these things represent about 20% of our snow volume and about 30% of our commercial maintenance. Thoughts?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

For example?