1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

service engine soon light and trouble code p1153

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bribrius, Apr 26, 2008.

1. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

says fuel air metering.
    2000 silverado

anyone have a idea what is wrong?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds expensive. LOL

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just don't put and Dish soap in there ,it will bubble all over the place!:D

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bri, is the P1153 the ONLY code your gettting?

6. bribrius

yep. only code

put in super unleaded and some gas treatment. ran it through a couple cycles. still on.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

When my wife's Audi pulled a code that said "fuel air metering" it meant that an O2 sensor had popped. $400 later the problem was fixed...

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

400 is a big ouch...:eek:

9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I would clear the code out and see if it comes back. I never do anything the first time a code pops up and my truck or car is running OK. I always see if the code comes back or you might get a different code that might help you trouble shot the problem.

10. bribrius

cleared.
    it came back after running it a half hour doing errands.
    thanks guys. i think the o2 sensor is the spark plug looking thing in the exhaust pipe with the wires coming out of it am i right? just unscrews with a wrench im guessing? or is there more to it? more than one sensor? this ones toward the front of the truck but still accessible from underneath.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Really only three things that will cause ONLY ONE BANK to show a lean condition..

1) Defective O2 sensor on the respective bank.
    2) Exhaust leak ahead of the sensor (on the bank thats showing a lean condition)
    3) Intake leak (again on the bank thats showing lean condition)

A poor batch of gas wont set a single bank code (P1153). It will set both banks, P1153/P1154.

Yes Bri the O2 sensor is that "spark plug" looking thing. Your truck should have four of them, two in each pipe with one before, and one after the converters. If you want to throw some parts at it you want the sensor closest to the manifold in the passenger side pipe (bank 2).

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Bri, I would def. do the one B&B said. That was the dead one in my 2500. Seems like that is always the first one to go for some reason

13. bribrius

all fixed. no more light. it was the o2 sensor. thanks for the help guys.