1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Service Bulletin SV26

Discussion in 'Boss Plow Forum' started by 99SDPSD, Feb 6, 2002.

1. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

I have owned Boss Plows since 1996. Now my problem is that when I purchased my plow for my 99 F350 back in October of 99 and had installed it I did notic that being able to turn to the left was reduced. I did purchase another system for my 00 F550 and had not had a problem turning to the left ( Due to BOSS had Changed the design of the rear bracket LTA 4128 B). Since ford had changed the design of the length of their pitman arm in March of 99. And my 99 was built after the design change. And the dealer did not notify me of a LTA design change and the service bulletin that says to cut lta 4128a in my opion it will not help that much that it looks like the pitman arn will still contact the LTA 4128a. The diffrence between the LTA 4128A & B. I would like to hear bosses comments. Since I was given The wrong part in the begining.

2. Boss Plows

Boss Plows Junior Member

We work closely with all vehicle manufacturers in efforts to know about and react to any vehicle changes that may affect undercarriage fit. We react as quickly as possible to minimize the problems caused by vehicle manufacturer changes.

If your undercarriage was installed after April 12, 1999 the dealer should have taken appropriate action as indicated in SV26.

3. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

Well the dealer didnt take the approiate action. So how could I get a LTA 4128B to solve the problem that I have incurred for the past 3 years?

4. Boss Plows

Boss Plows Junior Member

Your Boss dealer is the place to go to buy parts. I'd suggest doing the modification indicated in SV26. We have verified this accomodates the change Ford made and will be less expensive than buying a new part.