1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Service Brake Warning

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by T&M Snowplowing, Jan 4, 2007.

1. T&M Snowplowing

T&M Snowplowing Junior Member

Hey Guys,

My truck is a 03, Chevy 2500HD ExtCab 4x4, 6.0. I've been getting a "Service Brake System" warning light on my dash quite a bit as of late my truck! I've brought it to the attention of two Dealers who've checked the brakes on my truck and said nothings wrong! Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or something similar to your braking system on your truck?

Thank you, T&M
    --------------------------
    03, Chevy 2500HD ExtCab 4x4, 6.0
    8' HD Fisher MM2
    Timbrens

2. greenjack

greenjack Junior Member
    from MI

how many miles?

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

has anyone check the fluid level? there is a sensor in the resivor of most newer vehicles these days. could be a tad low. and only come on with fluid sloshing like on take off or hard stop and cornering.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Most of the time its a sensor that has to do with the ABS system.

Good Luck Mike

5. GA73

GA73 Member

my 04 has been doing the same. turns off after shutting down and restarting

6. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

My 92 pickup has had a brake light on for 3 years. When I unplug the ABS box and plug it back in it goes out for a short time and then comes back on. All new lines and brakes and no leaks. It's just an ABS warning but I don't have a seperate ABS light just a brake light.

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

It's most likly the ABS wheel sensor. Terrible design. The unit will clear itself after so many starts without the issue triggering. However, you'll kind of now it's the sensor typically your hear and feel the ABS kicking when you would not expect it to, a lot of times at very low speed. In weird cases a bad board in a brak light assembly will also cause a voltage problem and can cause the brake light sensor to trigger too - that's a little uncommon but, it happened to me.