1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

service agreement or contract?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by airtex, Dec 23, 2008.

1. airtex

airtex Junior Member

Thanks for reading this guys , just another day at the office MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR . I have a cust who is a per push . We had him sign an agreement that states he would pay us for last month's service. He called to complain about his service and used profanity in his letter, so I cut him off my route. Now his say,s we had a contract and I must continue season. He paid no money up front and infact still owes me for octobers lawn service.What do you guys think about that .ussmileyflag

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

so you have a copy of the agreement he signed?

set up a meeting. talk to him about the work he wants done, the work you did.

show him what he signed, and tell him that you won't do further work until the account is brought up to date.

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

does said "service agreement" have anything about the cancellation of service? as long as it says something to the effect of "should an account go past X days due for any services offered by XXXXXX, service will be discontinued until the account has been paid up to date" then you are good. as long as it says something to that effect, no court is gonna turn you down (should it come to that).