1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Service 4x4 light

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Brov, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Brov

Brov Junior Member
    from Chicago

Hi, I have a 99 tahoe and my service 4x4 light came on today and I was not able to shift into 4x4(push button) Drove it to my destination, when I got in and started it it was fine. This has happened 3 times today, on and off. Could it be a bad wire or actuator or switch?
  2. mikeauto1

mikeauto1 Junior Member
    from nh

4 wheel drive

definetrly a gm problem when the truck is restarted the 4 wheel drive module is supposed to come out of sleep mode and sometime does not, module has to be reflashed with new software. has happened to both of my chevys no big deal about 150.00 for a relash at a dealer or local garage.
  3. Brov

Brov Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks MikeAuto1, I will look into doing that.
  4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Lots of switch issues too, related code is a b2725 ( off the top of my head, may be off on the number)
  5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

$150.00 that's a lot just to refresh soft ware.....
  6. MLLC

MLLC Member
    from MA

i had that in mine, it turned out to be a $2k repair as the entire 4x4 control system was shot