1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Serves me right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Jan 31, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I dropped all my customers this winter due to having a kid (schedule), truck and plow getting unreliable. Everybody was dealt with except this one lady. I just put off calling her and so I went to the house and shoveled and cleaned the berm in front of her driveway. Still for some reason I put off calling her. I've been doing it all winter and just today found out she passed away some time last year. No one is living at the house.:laughing: Can't help but laugh at that one. So many reasons I shouldn't be in this predicament. Anyway, now that she is off my list all I've got to deal with is my folks who are the most high maintenance customer I've had.
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ya but your a REAL MAN for takin care of the old ladys drive before you knew she had passed away.

lots of people would have just said ah screw that crap and left her to the curb.

:salute: to you sir :salute:
  3. Make that 2 people who think your a real man for doing that! Good on you man! Karma will pay off eventually!:drinkup:
  4. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I've done some stuff similar. I'd rather do it and have it end up like this....instead of skipping them only to find out there was some sort of problem. *falling,getting stuck, ect.
  5. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

brownie points =)
    pay off in the future
  6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I certainly hope so. Should have kept all the accounts and risked a major breakdown with all the snow we have gotten this winter.
  7. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I lost my favorite customer the same way this year. She was a cool old lady. I am still taking care of the property till the house is sold. Her kid sends me checks from Florida.
  8. go plow

go plow Senior Member

doing good things can never hurt, i too think that it was nice of you to take care of her. just goes to show that you really cared about your clients and you work!