1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Server too busy,...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Alaska Boss, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

To the mods,.... for me personally, it works out best & I like coming in to Plowsite around midnight my time (Alaska Standard Time, 4 AM, Eastern Time). But for the last couple weeks, more times than not,... I have trouble trying to post, or read up on things posted during the day, at this time of night, (never at any other time),... because I get the "server too busy" message,... sometimes for about half an hour or so,... yet I know that the site is less busy then that at any other time of day. Why is that? Are you guys doing daily maintenance on the site during this time? (the moderators are almost never signed in at that time). Just wondering if there is a daily schedule happening at night, or something else going on,... so I can adjust my viewing time, and not sit here trying trying to post or read & being stuck,.... and maybe I can change the time when I come on. If there is a time during the night when things are temporarily "out of order" for a few minutes or so, it might help the other few night owls if we all knew,.. so we could avoid it,.... thanks! :waving:

2. ComSweep

ComSweep Junior Member

I've been having the same problem. I thought it was just me.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Alaska is far away ,it just takes time for it to reach you!

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

He really replied to this yesterday!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I emailed MJD about this about a week ago. I chalked it up as routine maintenance. Very annoying though. It seems as though we went through the same thing about this time last year.

6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:jester:And whiled MJD is at it solving this annoying problem for us, how about moving next onto removing those annoying traffic lights, stop signs etc that are still there at 2 to 4 a.m in the morning :laughing:and are not really needed cuz anyone with their sanity intact aint workin at that time of day but are in bed with their main (or on the side) Squeeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, there is routine maintenance that occurs around 3 or 4 a.m eastern time every night