1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

server ready to dump?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by JustUsDe, Dec 12, 2004.

1. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Sean,
    I noticed the past few days I have been getting server busy try later errors. I just got it a few times this morning. Is your server getting ready to dump? I hope not. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to check it out.

Ray
    P.S. It took me almost two hours just to post this.

2. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Ray,

We are aware of the load issues on the server, and I started working on a long-term solution to address them. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I found out about an hour ago that half of the server memory (512 MB out of 1024 MB) had crashed (probably Friday, although I'm unsure of exactly when).

I have reported this to the datacenter and they replaced the broken memory, so things should already be better now.

4. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

Just to keep you updated, I'll move ArboristSite away to another server in the upcoming days to reduce the server load. That should get rid of the server too busy errors and give PlowSite room to grow.

5. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

I have just moved ArboristSite to another server, so there should be no more "server too busy" errors during busy times of the day.

6. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

Load balance with F5's or cluster...........What speed is your NIC?

7. plsoucy

plsoucy Member

There should be no need to do advanced load balancing - simply putting different sites on different servers should do the trick. As for the NIC, it's a standard 10/100, but that's more than enough - it's used at about 5-10% of its capacity.

The problem really was with the server load, and I think that it should be correct now that ArboristSite is gone.

8. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

shared server your saying? Then I agree. Completely. (like THAT matters) Great site, good work.

9. lawncosf

lawncosf Junior Member

Lawnsite

I have been unable to access Lawnsite for at least two weeks. Am I the only one? Steve.